Sunday, February 18, 2018

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2 - Weekend Time

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2 - Weekend time. How do you spend your weekend? Create a page about something you do. Maybe you have special meals you prepare on weekends or places you visit. Or just capture the weekend vibe on a page.

I usually have at least one day off on the weekends depending on the time of year. In the winter I work Saturday and get Sunday off in the Summer I have both Saturday and Sunday off.

When I was putting my February CKC kit together I had said that I this kit


and for my layout I am combining some of the products from it with my Stay Curious Counterfeit kit.
My title reads Get It Done & Enjoy This.


I started with the Project life card "Get It Done"  as I wanted it to be part of my title. I had listed out some of the chores I do on weekend but finally cut it down to just show the "Get It Done".


I used one the acetate frames cut in half and layered on top the stickers, embroidery floss, gold Gemz and the Recollection flower.

 I cut out the "&" from another journaling card  and I made another tab out of the polka dot paper and used alphabet stickers for the title.  Another Recollection flower, die cut flower, embroidery floss and the gold Gemz finish off the embellishment cluster.


Another Recollection flower, die cut flower, embroidery floss and the gold Gemz finish off the embellishment cluster.

For the bottom set of photos and journaling spot I added another sticker with a Recollection flower, embroidery floss and gold Gemz. along with a couple of stickers at the bottom of the photo.

I printed out my journaling then matted it to the polka dot paper.

I added another sticker, the other half of the DIY acetate frame, embroidery floss, Recollection flower and a row of the gold Gemz.

My journaling reads:
"I do all my errands on the weekend – making granola for the week, shopping and groceries, any baking I have planned for the coming week and of course getting gas.
In the summer I put my feet up and enjoy my patio and garden but in the winter,  I crochet or sew and quilt. I always seem to find someone who needs an afghan or blanket. If I don’t there are plenty of charities that will take what I make."

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out what the Master Forgers have made as their projects are gorgeous.

February  Counterfeit Kit  - Stay Curious

5 - 12x12 Layouts
 3 -  8 1/2x11 Layouts
   -  12x12 Project Life
       8 1/2x 11 Project Life
  1 - Planner Pages
 5- Cards
   - Tags

Recipe:

Paper:
DCWV - dark coral and white cardstock; Anna Griffin - unknown paper; Heidi Swapp - Magnolia Jane "Blushed"; Jen Hadfield - The Best of - Pink polka dot paper.
Stickers: Heidi Swapp - Clear Stickers; Doodle Bug - Teensy Type Alphas in Lily White
Darci - Gemz; Recollections Cabochons in white, , DIY - acetate frame; American Crafts - Be Bright Project Life - "Get it Done and "&"

2 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute layout and journaling too

Lisa said...

It's a lovely layout and a great capture of the moment - who knows what your weekends will look like in years to come. I do as few errands and work as possible at the weekend but that means that I have to squeeze in more during the week. It's always a balance, isn't it?