Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Heartfelt Sympathy - Sympathy Card

I needed another Sympathy card, this time for Sandy as she lost her mom.  I needed lots of room for everyone to write a note so I pulled out a premade deckled edge card and envelope. I pulled out my May Counterfeit kit - Find the Happy in everyday, using the April 2018 {eyes of the beholder} Kit of the Month stamps for my background.


I used the Broken China and Stormy Sky ink using the smooching technique, I dried it with the heat gun, then stamped my image with black soot ink. I added a little bit of shading with colored pencils.  This one turned out just a bit darker than I wanted so I started over.


I used Broken china and evergreen bough for the smooching technique and again used black soot for stamping the image. After drying with the heat gun I shaded in again with some colored pencils. . I stamped the sentiment on watercolor paper and shaped one edge. A few enamel dot in the bottom finish off the card.

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to stop by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog

 - 12x12 Layouts
 -  8 1/2x11 Layouts
 -  12x12 Project Life
  -   8 1/2x 11 Project Life
    - Planner Pages
  1- Cards
   - Tags

 
Thanks for stopping by.

 May
Counterfeit Kit - Find the Happy in Every Day
Recipe:
Paper: Watercolor paper, Premade deckled edge card base and envelope
Distress ink: black soot,  broken china, evergreen bough  and stormy sky
Stamps: My Sentiments Exactly stamp; Unity Stamp Company - April 2018 {eyes of the beholder} Kit of the Month
Misc.: Adhesive, colored pencils and enamel dots

2 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Very stylish and suitable Cindy.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Lovely & sweet.